The Housing Exterior Improvement Grant Program is being offered to incentivize the improvement of housing facades in neighborhoods thereby improving property values and community aesthetics. The intent is to focus improvements to create synergy.
Grant assistance is available to any eligible property located within a predesignated area. Such assistance is available after a competitive selection process. The City reserves the right not to award any grants and to select recipients, at the sole discretion of the City, that will provide the biggest positive impact of the area. Eligible areas are designated by City Council. Selection of grant recipients will fall under the discretion of the Office of the City Manager.
- Grant recipients will be reimbursed per the chart found in the FULL PROGRAM GUIDELINES AND GRANT AMOUNTS
- The intent of this Program is to:
- Encourage property owners to make visible improvements to their homes; and
- Enhance the character and appearance of the community
- The deadline to submit an application for the Housing Improvement Grant is August 9, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Applicants will have 120 days from the award of the grant to complete the work and request reimbursement.
- Eligible applicants include property owners and tenants with property owner consent.
The Program may either be renewed or discontinued at the discretion of the City Council.