Do I need a backflow prevention device?

Yes. If you have an underground irrigation system for your yard, fire suppression sprinkler system, boiler, pool/spa or water feature, state law requires that you get a backflow prevention assembly to prevent contaminated water from flow back into your drinking water-a serious health hazard. If you have questions please call 541-883-4956 to speak with our cross connection control specialist. A plumbing permit is required for all new installations and when altering existing plumbing. A permit may be obtained from the:
Klamath County Building Department
305 Main Street
1st Floor
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Phone: 541-883-5121

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a water meter?
2. Do I need a backflow prevention device?
3. What minimum water pressure does the City provide?
4. What size is my meter?
5. Why is my water dirty?